Monday, March 28, 2011

You are your own Biggest Fan !

Forgive yourself for all you ever thought was “wrong” about you. We as humans are our own worst critics. You put up with and in fact, encourage ways of speaking to yourself that most would NEVER put up with if someone else spoke to you that way. Always the first to tear down your dreams, poke a hole in your bubble of happiness, ridicule yourself for just being yourself. Give yourself a break, look at yourself with the eyes of love. Never believe for an instant you are not worthy of all your heart desires. Wrap yourself in love the same way you do your children, family members, friends and pets. Give yourself a pat on the back for all you do every day. Learn to become your own biggest fan.

October 2010

This has been the hardest lesson for me to learn about myself.  Most of the first 50 years of my life were spent making sure "everyone" else was nurtured and enriched.  We really should do the same for ourselves, especially for those of us who are alone.  Alone is good, healthy and fortifying.  It is also Not the same as lonely.   We should "Never" ever tear down a person.  If there is a behaviour that is incorrect, we address the behaviour.  I need to address my lackadaisacle housekeeping - this however, does not mean I Am insufficient.  I just have priorities not in line with most !!!  Vacuuming and dusting are chores I truly and adamantly do my very best to avoid.  However, in essence, I am a quite organized person who likes a clean environ.  I just need to love my home more. 

Whatever that one "chore" or "essence" of ourselves that, once separated from us as a person, becomes The Behaviour and is no longer "Us" --- lock, stock and barrel --- give it away ! Release, realize, rebirth, re-energize, regrow.