Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finally 3 Nov 2010 ( 3 Dec 2011 )

In the last 2 years ( especially ) , several friends have passed on to the other side.  My friends have lost parents, and my parents have lost many more friends of their own.  I understand the machinations as to why time speeds up as we get older, but I still do not have to like it.   I miss Mattie often, and every time I see a Chickadee or a ladybug I think of you girl - God knows what I would have done had I known how bad the drinking was.  And R3 ... I hope you have met God and that you now understand what Light and Love purely means.  I hope you have forgiven your life and forgiven those of us who were not there at the end.  You were one of the strongest warriors I have ever known.  And always such a brave heart, such a laugh, such kind sweet words for the wounded souls around you.  You were definitely an earth angel and my heavens the karma you paid for with the suffering you endured and did so with such valor.  Thank you for setting that example for me.  It has taken me a week to write this.  It is hard sometimes to know that one cannot say goodbye, or so long, or safe passage , or even fare thee well.  I do realize that from where you are, all your loved ones and friends are but a thought away ... so please know, that I treasured the laughter and the tears, the confidence from your years and most of all R3, your incredible indomitable Spirit.   I am SOOO glad you got to take that final flight for your birthday - the best safe passage feeling ever.   I believe that was when you were able to let go and let God add an incredible angel in heaven.   Someday sir, I will see you on the other side, til then, I will strive to be all that you said I ever was and then some.

I sent this in private to a friend who lost his mother:

There is so much pain in my heart
As I see you lying there so peacefully,
In your white, satin lined coffin.
You are surrounded by the objects
and people you loved so dearly.
When I got that painstaking call to say that you had left my life,
I broke down to tears.
Seeing you being laid to rest brought on
a deep sinking feeling of finality.
While I watched them lay you into the ground,
with tears streaming down my face,one word came to mind... Finally.
Finally...you can rest without the pain,
Finally...you are no longer suffering and
Finally...I got to say my goodbye.
This poem is to say that I love you and
this is my chance to say goodbye.
Goodbye...My friend, my mother.

~Tina McIver ~
***********************************************************************

A Path to the Heart
"Take this kiss upon the brow
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow --
You are not wrong who deem that
My days have been a dream yet
If hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream."
~ Edgar Allan Poe ~

ƸӜƷ


In your heart burns a flame. Your body is only the light around the flame. Your innermost being is of the nature of light. Consciousness is light, consciousness is the only light. Your existence is unconscious, do things without knowing why, you want things without knowing why, question things without knowing why, go to the river in unconscious sleep. We are all sleepwalkers. Sleepwalking, sleep walking and living, is the only spiritual disease. Be more aware. Become more aware of objects. Look at things more closely. Look at a flower as if your whole existence depended on this look. Lend your whole consciousness and suddenly, the flower is transformed: it is more radiant, luminous. Has something of the glory of the eternal, as eternal would come to the temporal in a flower shape. Look closely at the face of your husband, your wife, your friend, your lover, meditate on it and suddenly you see not only the body, but what is beyond it, which emerges from the body. It's like a spiritual aura around the body. The face of the beloved is no longer your lover's face, the face of the beloved becomes the face of the divine. Look at your child in full alert, fully conscious, watch it while playing, and suddenly, the object of your gaze is transfigured. If you pass by a tree, watch it in an alert attitude. Stop for a moment, look at the tree, rub your eyes, look at the tree again but awake. Focus your awareness, look at the tree and notice the difference. Suddenly, when you are alert, the tree is different: more green, more alive, more beautiful. The tree is the same as you who has changed •°*”˜˜”*°• .
ƸӜƷ

In the center of the Earth...

In the center of the earth I will push aside the emeralds so that I can see you---
you like an amanuensis, with a pen of water, copying the green sprigs of plants.

What a world! What deep parsley! What a ship sailing through the sweetness!
And you, maybe and me, maybe a topaz.There'll be no more dissensions in the bells.

There won't be anything but all the fresh air,apples carried on the wind,the succulent book in the woods:
and there where the carnations breathe, we will begin to make ourselves a clothing,
something to last through the eternity of a victorious kiss.
Pablo Neruda
ƸӜƷ

No comments:

Post a Comment