Thursday, September 1, 2011

Curveballs, present

Whether it's positive or negative, life "curveballs" are thrown for a reason. That's to make you aware, awaken, encourage, motivate, or shift your path into a direction that is meant for you! You may not see, or understand them at the moment they come. And, It may be tough! But reflect back on those "negative curveballs" thrown at you in the past. You'll often see that "eventually" THEY were what actually lead you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation! So relax & start the day with positive strong thoughts. Yes! You can, will, & are...going to succeed! Stay strong, have faith, & don't let curveballs affect you negatively. They can often have positive future effects. :)

Have definitely had some curveballs lately.  My former father-in-law in hospital for surgery today for 5th surgery to remove #5 and #6 cancers; 2 friends on FB ( on the husband of a former hs classmate, the other a cousin of a former hs classmate ) had grandfathers in hospital, one of whom has passed onto the other side, the other suffered congestive heart failure.  Seems curveballs in life come in three's, whereas in baseball we expect the pitcher to deliver a changeup over the plate.  Either way, we have to swing.  I think of G Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers" at times like this.  Although the lyrics baseline is not similar to the situation at hand, the fact is - all prayers get answered, not always the way we humans might expect them to.  The rhythm and cycle of life dictates that once we are born, the only guarantee we have is the opposite.  Between those moments, we are to make the best of our circumstances.  I had to meet my son in town today ... he is still waiting to hear about the Army and considering his other options ( a couple of job opps. ) - and I had to pay my water bill ( they are FINALLY offering online pay ) woo hoo !!!  I also spent time at the library sending a fax and surveying their books on "art" or , more appropriately, their lack of books on art and the how to's of it all.  Digressing again ..... the curveballs in my life since graduation in June have come at times when I thought I could sit down and get into the nuts and bolts to study for my national certification.  Yes - that again.  And I guess I could wonder "why" - and that is just not in my nature.  So I write.  First daughter's wedding in July and all the efforts before and after.  Then of course, waiting on final transcripts because I had to have those before I could register for the exam anyway, having to save and scrape to get the funds to pay for the darn thing ... and here I find that I have rescheduled this test 4 times now.  Thank you to my wonderful guardian angel for the AC replacement 2 weeks ago, as the triple digit heat wave in August caused near triple digits in the house and lethargy set in.  It is Getting OUT of the doldrums that has me pickled.  I am finally nose to the grindstone so-to-speak, and Hematology is of course kicking my butt.  So I think I will switch to Blood Banking or Microbiology first - and come back to Heme.  DK from class called today, our advisor told her not to overthink on the studies - since we did so well on his test exams, just go take the darn thing - easy for him to say !!!  I do not just want to pass by the skin of my teeth - I want TO NAIL the Passing of this exam .. I wonder if that is too much to expect.  Son tells me I have got it all up there, just relax into it and take it ... 13 rejection letters does not help with the self-esteem.  All the advice in the world I give everyone else, and right now - I seriously need to inject some into myself.  Curveballs or not , we have to keep going.  There is no time out in life.  The seconds tick away, the circadian rhythms continue their march, sunset follows sunrise and on it goes like the ebb and flow of the sea.  I am finally, in my head, accepting of son's current situation as SO not mine to have to worry about or fix.  Daughter is into the groove of teaching after the summer reprieve, hard to believe this is her third year.  And the earth did not crack wide open and swallow us whole for putting their grandpa on the prayer lists on FB this time - thank heavens for Uncle B in Colorado taking the first step this time.  So glad I wrote the message I did post Adele's songs .. I am over it, I have moved on ( lordy its been 8 lonnnng years ) and I do wish them well ... now It IS My Turn and ONLY I can make it happen.  So what the heck am I waiting for ???  Not like the heavens are going to rain down all the lab science knowledge and download it overnight into my conscious mind.  So review it is, and hopefully, still some time to write.  This seems to be more the place where I can vent in obscurity than any.  Not even sure anyone reads this stuff - so its just you and me kid ( wink ) - interesting new format, not sure if I like it, the hummingbirds are nice though.  And the young couple at my feeders are still here on 1 September - that IS amazing.   I would like to find a Blog or two to follow with intelligent centrist views on what the hell our country is getting itself into though.  There is only 1 or 2 peeps on FB who even want to have an intelligent discussion, and they are rarely on anymore - so much animosity - I think some people forget that everyone has an opinion and this country is predicated on the fact that we are all entitled to being right about our own opinion - until we are proven wrong !  Only about 1500 more questions to study ... test in a couple weeks  - then maybe I can find a job and get to back to art and ocean, and certainly more curveballs.